Support work community
The role of a support worker in the community is to...
- support people with disabilities including learning disabilities, autism, physical disabilities, mental health needs, communication difficulties and / or complex health needs to live as independently as possible.
- provide the support – physical or emotional support that someone may need to achieve their goals.
- assist clients with daily self-care tasks and also they may assist with domestic jobs including menu planning, some cleaning jobs and more.
- support clients and help them create plans that allow clients to actively participate in community activities, participate in sporting and recreational activities, hobbies and job opportunities.
- help you feel like you belong in the community.